Lad & Lassie Dog Grooming
186 Islip Avenue, Islip, New York 11751
Grooming is not just about maintaining your dog’s level of cleanliness, and it is not just about keeping your dog good-looking. Grooming is about maintaining both your dog’s physical health as well as his or her appearance. Grooming is important for both long haired and short haired dogs. Long haired dogs do require a more intense grooming, however all dogs need to be groomed. They all need their nails clipped, ears cleaned, brushed and bathed.
- Brushing is beneficial for all kinds of dogs no matter what length hair they have, helping to remove dead hair, dirt, and dandruff and it will help reduce shedding. Regular brushing also helps to bring out the natural oils in the dog’s fur.
- Nail Clipping is very important if your pets nails get to long they can grow into their paw pads. When that happens it is extremely painful for your pet.
- Ear Cleaning is an important way to reduce the chance of an ear infection and excess wax build up. Routine cleaning is a good way to detect potential infections or other ear issues.
- Bathing is a wonderful way to maintain good health for your pet. If your pet is used to bathing, the experience will be pleasant. Bathing removes dirt and odors from your pets skin. Frequent bathing is necessary to heal inflamed or infected skin.
- Teeth Brushing although dogs do not eat cavity causing foods, they need regular dental care to prevent plaque build-up and tarter.
You can begin grooming a puppy when he or she is as young as sixteen weeks old as long as they have seen a veterinarian and have had his or her first round of shots.
Simply put, grooming helps keep your dog happy and healthy.
So don’t delay, give Lad & Lassie Dog Grooming a call and set up an appointment that is convenient for you.