JOIN THE CHAMBER
The Islip Chamber Of Commerce is a dynamic group, and we’d love to have you be a part! We welcome businesses, non-profits, entrepreneurs and resident members to our organization. If you would like to become a member or renew your membership, you can click below to sign up and pay the annual fee. New applicants are submitted to the Board of Directors monthly, to be considered and voted on before membership is approved and deemed valid and active.
Annual memberships run with the calendar year, through December 31st. If you are a mid-year new member looking to join, please speak with our Membership Director for details. Renewing members must pay for the entire year, there is no prorating. Don’t be late, your business will miss out and be excluded from the annual community calendar and other opportunities! If your membership is not renewed by March 31st, we cannot guarantee your inclusion in the Annual Membership Directory. To ensure your listing from dropping from the website, we begin accepting renewals in November.
Members will receive a listing and link on the Chamber website.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
Have your event or meeting listed on our website calendar for the community to view.
We promote shop local campaigns to keep downtown vibrant.
We are a very active Chamber –heavy participation elevates your visible in the community
We represent the Islip business community and provide a partnership between businesses, non-profits & residents.
We offer business seminars on topics to help support our local businesses.
Our annual membership decal is provided for display on a door/window. Showing your membership in the Chamber elevates your profile in the community.
Host a grand opening/reopening event. The Chamber will coordinate with State, County & Local representatives to officiate at your ribbon cutting.
Being a member gains you stronger access to our contacts in NY State, Suffolk County and Islip Town.
Advertising opportunities are available to members for website banners and special weekly/monthly promotions on our website.
We have a very strong presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Always staying on top of technology trends, we can help promote and share your business or organization information.
DISCOUNTED EVENT BOOTHS:
Members get a discounted booth at any Chamber run event.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY:
- You will have a directory listing in our beautiful full color booklet that is distributed throughout the community.
- You are also given the opportunity to offer a discount to Chamber members below your listing.
- All Chamber members along with their membership receive a key FOB which unlocks the discounts offered in the book.
- Upon request, members are given a supply of books to prominently display and give out in their establishment.
- The Chamber hosts monthly networking events, an opportunity to showcase your establishment, meet and get to know other business owners, managers & residents.
- As a business member, you have an opportunity to host one of these events at your shop or office.
- As a resident member, this allows you an opportunity to meet your local business owners and tour their establishment.
- Members receive exclusive pricing and priority for any Chamber advertising or sponsorships.
- Beautiful discounted advertisements are offered for purchase in our annual membership directory (in addition to your free listing), as well as in our Taste Of The South Shore event playbill.
In addition to these more personalized benefits, the Islip Chamber of Commerce hosts the following events and projects throughout the community:
- All winter holiday decorations throughout Main Street are paid for and sponsored by the Chamber.
- Fall corn stalks and window painting.
- American flags along Main Street.
- June Street Festival
- Annual Santa parade and Christmas tree lighting.
- Taste of the south shore honoring a local non-profit organization.
- Fall Festival (New!)
- Local beautification projects such as the garden / sign at Commack Rd. & Broadway
- Fall Main Street clean up
INTERESTING STUDY REGARDING CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
Consumers are more likely to do business with a company that belongs to the local Chamber of Commerce! According to a research study, when consumers know that a small business is a member of their local Chamber of Commerce, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and are 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future. Read the study here>>